Keelman Homes logo

High View homes coming soon.

by Portia Gingell & filed under Keelman Homes

Images shown of this development are for illustration purposes only.

9 superb new 2 and 3 bedroom homes at High View, Blaydon. Available through Rent to Buy and Shared Ownership for 2020/21. Register your interest by emailing enquiries@keelmanhomes.org.

Two easier ways to finance your dream home

Rent to Buy

Rent to Buy is designed to ease the transition from renting to owning a home by offering a rent, fixed for five years, of only 80% of the market rental valuation. During these five years, the lower rent allows you to save your deposit (typically 5-10% of the full value).

Until a Rent to Buy property has been purchased, Keelman Homes will be responsible for its repairs and maintenance.

To qualify for Rent to Buy you must:
• be in a working household
• intend to buy your own home in the future
• be a first-time buyer or returning to the market following a relationship breakdown
• have a household income of less than £80,000

Shared Ownership

Shared ownership is ideal for aspiring homeowners who would prefer to buy what they can afford, when they can afford it. It allows you to buy your home in stages. If you decide to buy 25% of it, you will have a smaller mortgage and pay reduced rent on the remaining 75% that Keelman Homes owns. You can buy a larger percentage of your home as and when you want, meaning you will gradually pay less rent and more money will be used to pay off your mortgage, until you fully own the property.

To qualify for shared ownership you must:

• have a household income of less than £80,000
• have been assessed as being able to afford and sustain shared ownership
• have saved at least 5% of the mortgage as a deposit